Thursday, September 15, 2011

FAQ – I am not currently looking for a new job. What should I do with my BeFound profile?

Q - I am not currently looking for a new job. What should I do with my BeFound profile?

A – The first thing to note is that you do not need to delete your account and waste all the hard work you put into creating your BeFound profile.

There are a few things you can do to indicate to employers that you are not currently interested in new opportunities.
  • Change your Activity Status to ‘Inactive (not currently looking)’ 
  • Change your availability to ‘Over 4 weeks’
    Both these setting can be changed on the General information section of your profile
  • The other option is for you to remove your profile from the search results. This is very easy to do. Simply remove a piece of mandatory information and your profile will show as ‘incomplete’ and will not be available for employers to search. The quickest things to delete (and re-enter in the future) are your Work Preferences – Delete the values from one of the sections on this page and your profile will no longer be publicly available.