Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FAQ – I’m worried that my employer will see me on BeFound.

Q - I’m worried that my employer will see me on BeFound.  Not really a question, but a concern that some jobseekers express when considering creating a BeFound profile.

A - Well, we thought of that and the chances of your employer actually finding and indentifying you are pretty slim.

Firstly, we automatically withhold your name, all contact information and your current employer from public view. As long as you do not repeat your name in the body of your profile and you do not refer to your employer by name in the details of your employment these will not be displayed.

Secondly, when an employer finds a profile they like the look of they cannot contact you directly. All contact is managed through us here at BeFound. So if by chance your employer was to find you and request more information, we would have a chat with you and go back to the employer telling them that you are not currently interested and they never find out who you are.

Although we cannot guarantee that your employer will not locate your profile and work out who you are based on your previous work history – the chances are pretty slim.

And at the end of the day ask yourself “Does it really matter if my boss knows that I have my profile out there?” In reality – probably not……